Yorkshire Oils Limited GDPR Policy
Yorkshire Oils Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.yorkshireoils.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) which came into force on 25 May 2018, the data controller is Yorkshire Oils Limited (Company Number 9171246) of Rabbit Hill Business Park, Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, HG5 0FF.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you provide us. This is information about you that you provide us by filling in forms on our site www.yorkshireoils.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you search for a product, search for general information about us, fill out our quote form via our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey or subscribe to our email list and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, other information about your property and access to your property, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you. Each visit to our site, we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, marketing providers, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information if we intend to use that information other than to carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered between you and us or to comply with our own legal obligations.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us, whether on-line or off-line. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of our advertising and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive) and to carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us or to comply with our own legal obligations.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
The following third parties:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- our marketing providers and website agency to help our marketing providers reach the kind of audience we want to target;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets subject to that third party being under an obligation of confidentiality.
- If Yorkshire Oils Limited or any subsidiary or holding company of Yorkshire Oils Limited or substantially all of its or their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets subject to that third party being under an obligation of confidentiality.
- In connection with any audit of our accounts or in connection with obtaining legal or other professional advice from advisers who are under obligations of confidentiality to us.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yorkshire Oils Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored and processed on our secure servers provided by our service providers in the UK
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW LONG WE STORE DATA
We store data for up to seven years to enable us to comply with our legal obligations to HM Revenue & Customs and to enable us to comply with or otherwise connected with our contractual obligations to our insurers and other third parties.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You also have the right to
- access the data we hold about you,
- for any data we hold about you to be rectified,
- for any data we hold about you to be erased from our marketing data base,
- to request that we limit the way in which we process the data we hold about you,
- require us to transfer any data we hold about you to you.
You can also exercise this right or any of your other rights at any time by contacting the Company Data Controller, Yorkshire Oils Limited, Rabbit Hill Business Park, Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, HG5 0FF or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONER
Guidance about the GDPR and the rules about the collection, storage and use of personal data is provided on the website of the Information Commissioner at ico.org.uk who you can contact if you have any complaints about our website or our use of your personal data if we have not first been able to resolve any such complaint.
Revised July 2019
We help you save money on heating oil for your home
We provide home heating oil to our customers throughout Yorkshire. We offer a friendly & reliable service with experienced tanker drivers. Please contact us if you would like a quote for your home heating oil, business, or farm. In addition to providing a range of fuels, we can also provide you with:
- 20 litre drums of Kerosene to collect
- 20 litre drums of Gas Oil to collect
- 20 litre drums of Adblue to collect
- Suppliers of Home Heating Oil in North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, West Yorkshire & South Yorkshire
- Replacement Oil Tanks
- MonthlyPAY budget payment plans
- Living Green Tank Screens
- Authorised distributors for Fuchs Lubricants